Lady Gaga Cancels World Tour

Samantha Stoll, Staff Writer

As Lady Gaga was getting ready for her European leg of her world tour, she was found in the hospital with severe physical pain. She was set to perform on September 21st in Barcelona, Spain and end her tour on October 28 in Cologne, Germany.

After selling out many concerts in the US, she found herself dealing with chronic Musculoskeletal disease. Musculoskeletal disease affects your muscular and skeletal system leaving you unable to move and in severe pain. A mutual decision made by Gaga and her team of doctors was to postpone the tour until she is in perfect condition to perform. “Lady Gaga is devastated she has to wait to perform for her European fans,” CNN says.

Lady Gaga took to her Instagram to tell her side of the story: “As I get stronger and when I feel ready, I will tell my story in more depth, and plan to take this on strongly so I can not only raise awareness, but expand research for others who suffer as I do, so I can help make a difference,” she wrote. “I use the word ‘suffer’ not for pity, or attention, and have been disappointed to see people online suggest that I’m being dramatic, making this up, or playing the victim to get out of touring. If you knew me, you would know this couldn’t be further from the truth. I’m a fighter. I use the word ‘suffer’ not only because trauma and chronic pain have changed my life, but because they are keeping me from living a normal life. They are also keeping me from what I love the most in the world: performing for my fans.”

Lady Gaga has cancelled tours before; for example, in 2013 she cancelled her tour because she needed hip surgery. Her health problems are becoming a lot more common, leaving her unable to perform. Also in Gaga’s new movie “Five Foot Two,” premiering on Netflix, she talks more about her illnesses.  

As unfortunate as this is, the main focus is that she makes a full recovery and is ready to be back at it in 2018.

* photo via Google Images under the Creative Commons license