The Student News Site of Farmingdale High School
Back to Article
Back to Article

Deck the Halls With… Lots of Homework

Deck the Halls With… Lots of Homework

Ahh Christmas season and the holidays… the most wonderful time of the year. Although it’s hard to remain jolly when you’re always bogged down with homework, tests, papers, the height of winter sports, etc. Sometimes I want to just sit down and watch some Christmas movies and specials, ya know? Almost every night I hear the T.V. on downstairs broadcasting another special filled with cheer and yet again… I don’t have time to watch it. It’s starting to feel like it’s not even Christmas anymore. I used to watch so many holiday shows and movies as a child and now it just feels like that part is missing from my life… I guess that’s part of growing up   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stress would so easily be taken away by watching some classics like “Santa Clause is Coming to Town,” “Rudolph,” or the modern favorite “Elf,” with some blankets and hot cocoa, but instead I have to work on what seems like a never-ending pile of homework and events. It has transitioned from the most wonderful time of the year to the busiest time of the year.

So a tip for you: If you feel like you’re missing out on the holiday season, make every minute count. Listen to Christmas music whenever you can, put up some decorations in your room, set holiday wallpapers on your phone, and try to squeeze in some shows and movies to your tight schedule even if you watch it for a few sad minutes. I know it’s hard when you feel you’re at your breaking point, but stay calm, stay festive, and a Christmas miracle will happen and everything will be okay… just drink some hot cocoa and relax.

* photo via Google Images under the Creative Commons license

Paper Lion • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in