The Student News Site of Farmingdale High School
Fisher and the Jets: An NFL Blog

Fisher and the Jets: An NFL Blog

The New York Jets have had their struggles in the past seasons, and as a Jets fan myself, I’m tired of it. Every season feels like the same, boring, dull Jets. However, there is a spark in this team now, something that I have not felt in my 6 years of being a Jets fan. I feel as if it is the start of a new era in New York Jets football.

This past offseason has given almost every Jets fan some hope going into the new NFL season. They hired San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh to become the new head coach of the Jets, who always preaches culture and builds a bond with every single player on the roster with the famous mantra, “All gas, no brake.” We have had a multitude of free agent signings such as Corey Davis (WR), Carl Lawson (DE), Justin Hardee (DB/ST), Sheldon Rankins (DT), Morgan Moses (RT), and a few others. However, the one thing that stands out above the rest during this offseason process is the NFL Draft. Going into the draft the Jets had the 2nd and 23rd pick in the first round which had every Jets fan ecstatic due to the amount of talent this draft class had in store. But most Jets fans knew exactly who they wanted at that second overall draft spot: BYU product, QB Zach Wilson. Wilson dominated, posting unreal QB numbers in 2020, which was his breakout season by far, having 3,692 yards, 33 touchdowns and three interceptions, rushing for 254 yards and 10 rushing touchdowns, while also completing 73.5% of his passes. Once the Jets selected him, it was sort of hard not to be optimistic about the upcoming season.

Jets: Week 4 Recap

Fisher DiSimone, Staff Writer

Week 4 of the NFL and for the Jets, it seemed like another blowout waiting to happen. The past three weeks we were absolutely embarrassed and at least for me, I was hoping for just one touchdown. The matchup we faced was Jets vs Titans, the Titans coming off a 2-game win streak and seeming to be on a roll. However, they were down their two best receivers in AJ Brown and Julio Jones. Even then, mos...

Jets: Week 3 Recap

Fisher DiSimone, Staff Writer

Week 3, Jets vs Broncos.  Just when I thought we couldn’t look any worse, we did. This Broncos team has an elite defense with a solid offense. I knew ahead of time our offense would have even more trouble against this Broncos defense, but I was not expecting us to not put a single point on the board. This week there weren't many positives about this team.  Zach Wilson threw 2 INTs, and our...

Jets: Week 2 Recap

Fisher DiSimone, Staff Writer

Going into Week 2 the Jets faced yet another tough matchup taking on the New England Patriots. This Patriots team was stacked on the defensive end, while having a decent offense. After the first half, the Jets were already down 13-3, Zach Wilson already threw 2 INTs, so things were not looking good. I myself actually went to this game and I noticed a few things.  First off, it was the first home game with f...

Jets: Week 1 Recap

Fisher DiSimone, Staff Writer

Once Week 1 was upon us, there were a lot of headlines surrounding the matchup. The New York Jets vs the Carolina Panthers was rookie Zach Wilson's first NFL start. And of course his initiation into the NFL would be against Sam Darnold, who was playing a “revenge game” against the Jets after they traded him away this past offseason. There were also lots of interesting stats going into this game, one...

Paper Lion • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in