The Student News Site of Farmingdale High School

Jets: Week 6 Bye

The Jets had their bye week this week and since there is not much fresh news going on I would like to talk about what I feel they need to accomplish in order to improve. First off, continue to apply pressure on defense. The Jets have quite the defensive line, re-signing John Franklin Myers to a multi year deal, shoring up part of our defensive line. I feel if we continue to build on our d-line and keep the QB under constant pressure, we can win a lot of games. The second thing I feel we need to do is protect Zach Wilson. Wilson is under pressure on practically every snap which is the last thing you want your QB to have to deal with let alone rookie QB. It doesn’t help having our star LT Mekhi Bekton out with a knee injury. I strongly believe in the next free agency class, the Jets have to pursue some top tier o-linemen in order to make Zach Wilson feel safe in the pocket. If I’m being honest, our entire team needs to improve. However, if we can build upon our offensive and defensive lines I truly believe we can go a long way. The Jets head to New England to play the second game against our division rivals, the Patriots, on Sunday, hopeful to bounce back after the heartbreaking loss against Atlanta.

Paper Lion • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in